We are looking to hire individuals with a bachelors degree in human services (social work, psychology, rehabilitation, special education, and
similar fields) and a minimum of 1 year experience either teaching, training, or providing ABA services to children and young adults. The selected candidates will provide in-home ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) services to children with Autism, Intellectual Disabilities or other Developmental Disabilities. The Behavior Technician must be willing to work a minimum of 15 hours per week (am or pm hours). Supervision by a clinical supervisor (BCBA) is provided on weekly to bi-weekly basis. The candidate should be able to work with and train parents and/or caregivers and have strong behavior management skills. The selected individual must successfully complete the RBT 40 hour training course prior to beginning work with any children. A current CPR/First Aid Certificate is required prior to starting a case. Candidate should have a valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle. A background check also will
be completed by the company. Candidates should have the ability to work independently, write daily notes, and maintain data of behaviors. Effective communication skills are required to be able to interact with supervisor, caregivers, and child.
Responsibilities for this position include
- Implementation of behavior treatment programs as designed by the supervising Behavior Analyst
- Collection of data and completion of treatment notes as required
- Graduated with at least a Bachelors degree in psychology or related field
- Availability of 10-20 hours per week from 2pm-7pm
- Reliable means of transportation with proof of auto insurance
- Able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, and carry up to 50 pounds
- Energetic, outgoing, and have a passion for working with children
- Possess a current RBT® credential and be in good standing with the BACB® or;
- Willing to pursue the credential prior to working with children
- At least one (1) year experience working with children
Pay rate dependent on education experience
Copyright 2013. ABA Therapy in Northern Virginia. All rights reserved.